A customer visit to remember!
The port of Aarhus have been our customers for almost ten years, and will now expand the use of MainManager to all of their buildings around the harbor. The port is Denmark’s largest commercial port, with the country’s largest container terminal and the largest public bulk turnover. This means that a significant part of the consumer goods that are imported and exported to and from Denmark are handled via The port of Aarhus.
Last Friday Gudmundur and I visited The port. We were very lucky to get a guided tour to see the biggest container cranes.
A few facts about the cranes:
- These big cranes handle approximately 550.000 20 feet container in one year – more than 1 pr. minute
- They are more than 50 meters high
- The steel wire that lifts the containers weighs 3600 kg – only the wire itself
- The power supply for a crane is 10.000 volt
- They can lift cargo weighing up to 100 ton
STAY IN TOUCH
Join us on Facebook and LinkedIn, to get the latest news and updates from us. If you want further information about us, and how our solutions could work for you, please contact us, and subscribe to our newsletter!